CroppinTrainRetreats@gmail.com
479-531-8518 (between the hours of 9am and 8pm Central
)
Croppin' Train; c/o Dora Poage; PO Box 982; Bentonville, AR 72712-0982


Imagine a weekend devoted exclusively to you and your favorite hobby... SCRAPBOOKING!


Calendar

Sunday, July 26, 2009






Today, I'm sharing a couple pages from a work-in-progress multi-page wedding layout to highlight some techniques to add texture and dimension to your pages. These pages use SU! cardstock. On this first page, I stamped an image from the Cherish stamp set (love that set!) multiple times to create the border. If you want multi-stamping to look random, be sure and turn your stamp so you're not stamping the same position every time. And, NEVER be afraid to stamp off the paper - just make sure you have something covering your work surface beore you do. After stamping, I used SU! Mini Glue Dots to adhere the pearls. I used Grey Taffeta SU! ribbon to separate the two cardstocks, and, again using Mini Glue Dots, adhered tiny pink jewels to the taffeta. The pearls and pink jewels came from Hobby Lobby's bead section. I am not concerned about embellishments like that being acid-free - they're not touching my pictures, and they're adhered to acid-free cardstock, so there's a buffer between them and my pictures. Across the top of this page, I wheeled with an SU! jumbo wheel, with a Versamark-filled ink cartridge. I then embossed that image with clear embossing powder. Then I sponged pink ink all over the image. This resist technique is very easy to do, and, depending on the colors, can be subtle or very striking. After I sponged with ink, I also used a cotton ball and 'scrubbed' over the embossed areas, just to clean them up a bit.












This second page - with that beautiful cake! - highlights the Cuttlebug Embossing Folder. In the enlarged section, you can see how the swirls on the gray cardstock match the swirl pattern on the cake. I ran my cardstock lengthwise through the Cuttlebug, then turned it around and ran it through again. This allowed me to get the embossed image across the 12" width. This technique will 'shrink' your cardstock a bit (width-wise), but I don't mind having that sliver of background color on the edges.
Hope you enjoy today's post, and can use some of the techniques highlighted here. Have a great week!





No comments:

Post a Comment