CroppinTrainRetreats@gmail.com
479-531-8518 (between the hours of 9am and 8pm Central
)
Croppin' Train; c/o Dora Poage; PO Box 982; Bentonville, AR 72712-0982


Imagine a weekend devoted exclusively to you and your favorite hobby... SCRAPBOOKING!


Calendar

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Something to think about

I was looking at the Aug/Sept 2009 issue of Scrapbooks, Etc. today and read a question that made me think.

"What scrapbooking project have you always wanted to create but haven't yet? What's holding you back?" (page 14)

Immediately I thought of my project... my husbands pictures from his time in the Navy. I think he would really appreciate me putting his pictures in a scrapbook. I have purchased the album to put them in and paper and embellishments for the US Navy. He seems to get excited and interested. I recently purchased the Stand & Salute cartridge for the Cricut. He liked that. All and all, he is more excited about me getting a Cricut then I would have expected, but that is a different story.

So what is holding me back... I scrapbook for myself most of the time. When I create classes for the retreat or my classes at my house, I am nervous you won't like it, but that is nothing compared to how I feel about doing his Navy pictures. I didn't know him when he was in the Navy. I am afraid to get the wrong tone for the pictures or maybe he sorted them by event and I mixed them up again. Bottom line, I am nervous he won't like the album.

Silly, I know because he has always liked the pages I have done. He actually wants to read my journaling and all.

So how would you answer this question? Think about it and if you want to, post a comment to encourage us all to finally do that project that keeps following us around.

No comments:

Post a Comment