CroppinTrainRetreats@gmail.com
479-531-8518 (between the hours of 9am and 8pm Central
)
Croppin' Train; c/o Dora Poage; PO Box 982; Bentonville, AR 72712-0982


Imagine a weekend devoted exclusively to you and your favorite hobby... SCRAPBOOKING!


Calendar

Saturday, July 11, 2009

As you've noticed, Dora's been doing most (well, okay, "all") of the posting to the blog. She's working on a special project this month and asked me (Pat) to post a few things, so here's my first post for you. The left-page, in particular, is quite blurry - I don't know why.

This layout is pretty simple, but I really wanted to show off the subject - my grandson! This was for his 2nd birthday (and he just turned 5!). The cardstock is SU! - Marigold Morning and Buckaroo Blue (both retired) and Chocolate Chip (an all-time favorite!). I cut the title and date in (I think) Base Camp. Just cut two sets of letters and then offset them when I adhered them to the page. The 'photo corners' on the left-side are just squares of cardstock, adhered on the backside, then folded and snipped to form the finished square on the front. I also used a small hole punch to punch holes for the hemp, that is tied in a knot.
I like to do tone-on-tone stamping to create backgrounds. Versamark is a great ink pad for this - it just stamps in clear ink on any color cardstock. However, in this instance, the Versamark was a little too light, so I used the same color inkpads (Marigold Morning and Buckaroo Blue), and stamped images from the (retired) SU! set, "Toy Box". (This set, along with another 300+ stamp sets, will be available for you to use at the Fall 2009 Croppin' Train Scrapbook Retreat.) When I went to get this layout to photograph, in my head I remembered as having sponged all the torn edges. What a surprise when I noticed they weren't sponged! In retrospect, I really should have sponged those torn edges, but, in reality, I'm sure I won't do it now! No stamping or anything special on the right-side page.
Over time, all of our scrapping methods, likes, dislikes, etc. go through phases. When I first started noticing an abundance of one-photo pages, I remember thinking 'what a waste; I would never do that'. Well, as you can see, I've changed my mind. I don't do it often, but, must admit, there are certain photos, layouts, that just lend themselves to that ... and I do like it!



A special Croppin' Train "WooHoo" (Happy Birthday!) to Linda and Dorothy this week. Hope both of your days were special and happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment