CroppinTrainRetreats@gmail.com
479-531-8518 (between the hours of 9am and 8pm Central
)
Croppin' Train; c/o Dora Poage; PO Box 982; Bentonville, AR 72712-0982


Imagine a weekend devoted exclusively to you and your favorite hobby... SCRAPBOOKING!


Calendar

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Take a Spin!

I made this card for my sister-in-law's birthday earlier this month. I used the Scallop Square Bigz Clear die from Stampin' Up! for the card base. Very carefully, line up your folded card stock just UNDER one of the scallop edges, and that allows you to cut scallops on three edges, but leave the fourth uncut and folded. For the three layers, I just cut one edge of my cardstock, and then cut each piece the same width.

The fun part of this card, of course, is the stamped section! This is from the Take a Spin SU! set. I stamped the image once on white cards in blue, then on a separate piece of cardstock in red. I cut out the red-stamped image, right on the edge, and mounted that on top of the blue-stamped image. I also colored in a few of the images with a marker. BEFORE you adhere the stamped image pieces to the rest of the card, you need to add the spinner. You can get those through Stamin' Up!, too. There are three parts to the spinner - a brad, the spinner itself, and a washer. I put the brad and spinner on top, and the washer on the bottom, then used pop-dots to lift the entire stamped image from the card base.

Hope you have a great week, and get to stamp and scrap a bit!

Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment