CroppinTrainRetreats@gmail.com
479-531-8518 (between the hours of 9am and 8pm Central
)
Croppin' Train; c/o Dora Poage; PO Box 982; Bentonville, AR 72712-0982


Imagine a weekend devoted exclusively to you and your favorite hobby... SCRAPBOOKING!


Calendar

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Getting to know Dora



How long have you been scrapping?


Well, tricky to answer. I made my first scrapbook in junior high but scrapbooking like I do now – about 13 years or so.


How did you start scrapbooking?


I have always loved art, paper crafting and taking pictures. In junior high I made a scrapbook of my school years (no pictures). Then fast forward a few years. I started making cards and then gradually started making layouts.


What is your favorite scrapbooking line?


Kaiser Craft


What are your favorite subjects to scrapbook?


Nothing specific – I love to scrapbook all the pictures I take and that is too many to count. Hee hee


What do you watch/listen to when you're creating?


My friends. If I happen to scrapbook alone, I listen to Norah Jones or Enya. Calming music.


What do you snack on while scrapping?


Not much. Mainly I just need an ice cold iced tea – no sugar.


Any paper crafting pet peeves?


When someone says “I am not creative” or "I can't do that" Everyone can scrapbook. Sometimes all the creativity you need is to copy someone else’s layout. This kind of copying is allowed in scrapbooking, and encouraged.


What do you love about scrapbooking?


That I am creating a history of my life. It is a stress reliever and great therapy. When I am feeling lonely or down – I can pull out my books and reflect on the good and the bad and even the moments when I created the layouts.


I also love all the friendships I have made due to this hobby.


What is your favorite color combination to use on your projects?


This is always changing. It is reflective of the photos.


Do you distress everything, not at all or somewhere in between?


Somewhere in between. I ink edges on some layouts/projects. I also use a paper distressor on some. The pictures guide me.


What is your favorite tool?


This is hard – I have my top 12 on my blog http://stampinontherun.blogspot.com/ but to name just one – Retractable Paper Piercer – no more stabbing myself.


What is your favorite item?


My husband built a scrapbooking desk for me. I love it. Now to get him to build a matching table….


When creating a project, do you plan it out or go with the flow?


I say I go with the flow (meaning I don’t sketch it out before hand). Sometimes I can grab pictures and paper and create a layout and sometimes I have to look though books and magazines to get inspiration first.


What type of adhesive do you use?


My favorite is Duck Brand Easy Stick Adhesive and the Glue Glider Pro (little gun). Although, I couldn’t scrap without mini glue dots and foam dimensionals


What is your favorite kind of cardstock?


Stampin’ Up (for smooth and textured) and American Crafts (for textured)


Do you enjoy stepping out of your zone when creating new projects?


I love to try new techniques.


When is the best time for you to scrap?


Anytime I can. I'm not picky.

No comments:

Post a Comment