CroppinTrainRetreats@gmail.com
479-531-8518 (between the hours of 9am and 8pm Central
)
Croppin' Train; c/o Dora Poage; PO Box 982; Bentonville, AR 72712-0982


Imagine a weekend devoted exclusively to you and your favorite hobby... SCRAPBOOKING!


Calendar

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Happy Anniversary!

Today, June 3, would be my maternal grandparents' 80th wedding anniversary! Unfortunately, my grandfather died in 1954 and my grandmother in 2000. My grandfather was one of six children; his mother died when he was a youth, and his father was a rural mail carrier in Minnesota. My grandmother was the only girl (and the youngest child)in a family of 3 boys, so she was probably a little spoiled - even in the early 1900's. As a sidenote, my maternal great-grandparents did celebrate 79 years of marriage, before my great-grandfather passed away at the age of 100!

I love this wedding photo, and have tried to scrapbook it a dozen times (well, okay, maybe 4 or 5 times). I like each one of the attempts I've made, but have never fallen in love with any of them, so I just keep looking and trying. Following are my latest two digital attempts. I used Stampin' Up!'s "My Digital Studio" for both. I love layouts with lots of flowers and bling on them, but, when I work on a layout, it all seems foreign - like it doesn't belong, so I wind up with pretty sparse layouts.

.



Have a great week!
Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment